Saturday, July 22, 2017

Review: Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl #1) by Karpov Kinrade

Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl, #1)

Book: Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl #1)
Author: Karpov Kinrade
Publisher: Daring Books
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book (Free Promo on Amazon)

Summary from Goodreads:
You think it's safe to walk alone at night. It's not. 

You think the only threat is other humans. It's not. 

Monsters are real. Demons are real. Vampires are real. 

And I'm about to become one of them. 

My name is Arianna Spero. I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until my mother lapsed into a coma. Now, I am her only hope. She made a deal with the devil, and on my 18th birthday he came to collect. But there's a way to save her. There's something the princes of hell want more than my mother. 

Me. 

So I signed my soul away and promised to pick a prince to marry. I would take the blood oath, become one of them, and give them an heir. I would become a princess of hell, and my mother would live. 

I expected fire and brimstone. I expected pain and misery. I didn't expect beauty. I didn't expect magic. 

I didn't expect love. 

But the princes are keeping secrets from me. 

Secrets that could shatter everything. 

My Review: 
I have been wanting to read this Vampire Girl for awhile now so when I saw it was free on Amazon I got my copy. After reading it I understood why it has such great reviews. It is that good, it deserves 5 stars! If you love fantasy you will love this.

Arianna or Ari, as she prefers to be called is an 18 year old girl. She dropped out of college, lives with her mother and works as a waitress trying to make ends meet. When she was just a child her father died and her mother made a deal with the devil. Her mother falls into a coma and Ari notices her mom has a strange mark on her wrist. When Ari finds out what it means her world is turned upside down. 

On her 18th birthday someone comes to collect on the deal. Ari has to move to Hell and live with each of the seven princes there in their own realms. After seven months she then has to choose who she wants to spend her life with and who will become the next King. While she is expecting misery and who knows what else she will do whatever is necessary to keep her mom alive. 

Fen is the first prince that she gets to spend a month will. He is not what she expected and vise versa. Ari is definitely not just some girl, she is strong willed and will not back down from anyone. There are others that have been trying to kidnap her in her world and now in Hell. Who are they and what do they want? Why was Ari chosen to live in Hell and choose a prince that will become King? 

The story is full of action, suspense, vampires, demons, faeries and romance. While we get a glimpse of some of the other princes, this book focuses on Fen and Ari. I can't wait to read the next book and continue with this series!

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment