Monday, July 17, 2017

Review: Pirate Princess (Pirate Princess #1) by Catherine Banks

Pirate Princess 

Book: Pirate Princess (Pirate Princess #1)
Author: Catherine Banks
Publisher: Catherine Banks
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book

Summary from Goodreads: 
As the daughter of the Pirate King, Tilia Swanson has an unusual upbringing learning skills that aren’t often available for women. As the heir apparent for the Kingdom of Crilan, her skills set her apart as she is trained by the best in the land and taught to harness her magic. However, piracy is in her blood, and draws danger to Tilia in the way that treasure draws pirates. Some treasures are more valuable than others. Will this lesson be learned in time or will the betrayal of those around her be her undoing?

This is the first book in a new YA Fantasy trilogy.
 

My Review:
Pirate Princess, well for starters the title was enough to draw me in. Add the fact that it was written by one of my favorite authors and I knew I needed to read this. I don't even know where to begin, this has been by far one of my favorite books and one of the best stories I have read in a while. 

Tilia has lived most of her life on a pirate ship with her father. Her mother died when Tilia was very young. That is until she turns ten and then he sends her to live with her aunt and uncle, King Jared and Queen Esmeralda of Crilan. Fast forward six years and Tilia has become a force to be reckoned with. Not only can she fight against the best of them, she is also improving her magic.

Finn is one of the youngest pirate captains on the seas. I absolutely loved him, not only is he totally hot but he is just one of those characters that you fall in love with. I mean he is a pirate so yeah I would for sure. The king and queen are something else. While they can be quite deadly when they need to be there are also so loving and quite humorous throughout the book. Faxon, the top Mage is so powerful but so funny at times. I love his sense of humor. 

The story itself is so full of emotions, family, friendship, magic and love. This book kept me up late at night reading because I just couldn't put it down. There were plenty of jaw dropping moments and so many twists and turns. I was quite shocked numerous times throughout at the revelations the story provided. I loved the adventurous times that Tilia and Finn had and I really enjoyed the Pirate festival. 

I did not want this book to end, it was so fantastically amazing. I can't wait to read the next book in this trilogy. This is a must read and I highly recommend it!!!

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment