Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: River Cast (Tale of Lunarmorte #2) by Samantha Young

River Cast (Tale of Lunarmorte #2) 

Book: River Cast (Tale of Lunarmorte #2)
Author: Samantha Young
Publisher: Samantha Young
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Enter a world of fierce wolves, stunning magic and romance...

Swept into the world of the Daylight Coven, Caia is caught between her loyalty to the Daylights and her new insight into the hearts of the Midnights. As more obstacles are thrown in her and Lucien's way, Caia is pushed further adrift from him and Pack Errante. With no one to turn to, Caia has to make the most difficult choice of all...

Who does she truly belong with? The Daylights or the Midnights?

My Review:
Oh my goodness, Samantha Young has outdone herself with this one. I thought I loved the first book Moon Spell but this one is just as good if not better. I LOVED it and could not get enough. I found myself putting off doing other things just so I could keep reading. A great mix of lykan, witches, faeries, and vampires make for an amazing sequel.

Caia and Lucien spend most of their time at the Center. Caia is training and learning more about her magik side while Lucien is hanging out with the lykan at the Center. Their relationship has it’s ups and downs. Caia is focused on finding a way to end the centuries old war between the Daylight and Midnight Covens. She is also wondering if she is making the right decisions. The romantic tension between the two gets tense at times.

Jaeden and Ryder bring a fun and humorous mix to the story. I loved their banter back and forth. I really enjoyed getting to know more about them and how their story comes together. There are many humorous and romantic moments that I will not reveal, don’t want to spoil it for anyone.

The vampire, Rueben, I found myself starting to really like him. I was trying to figure out whose side he is really on though. There is just something about him that is different and exciting. I still do not like Marita, the head of the Daylight Coven. She is made out to be the villain that she is and I just didn’t like her vicious plans.

While most of the story takes place at the Center there are plenty of scenes back with pack Errante. There are many twists and turns with some romance thrown in. There is a cliffhanger ending that will leave you guessing. If you have not started this series I highly recommend that you give it a try, you will not be disappointed. This e-book was provided to me for review. This did not affect my review in any way. 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Twitter  Facebook  

No comments:

Post a Comment