Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Review: Falling For Fire by Talia Jager

Falling For Fire 

Book: Falling For Fire
Author: Talia Jager
Publisher: Talia Jager
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult

Summary from Goodreads: 
The fae had an old law—Love is forbidden between faeries of different Seasons. After a chance encounter at a secret party, the Winter princess, Aurora, and the Summer prince, Sorin, soon find their love will not be denied.

My Review:
Falling For Fire in my opinion deserves far more than a five star rating. I absolutely LOVED reading it! The characters and the story just draws you in from the beginning. It is quite a bit of a roller coaster ride full of emotions. It is a fun book to read but I will warn you there are sad parts that will bring tears to your eyes. I felt so drawn into the story and thought how awesome it would be to have these characters as my friends and family.

Aurora, aka, Rory is the Winter faerie princess. She lives with her parents, the King and Queen of Winterland and her siblings. She is training to become Queen one day.

Sorin is the faerie prince of Summer. He lives with his parents, the King and Queen of Summerland and his siblings. He is training to be the King one day. He is also trying to stop his parents from finding him a Summer bride to marry when he turns eighteen.

There are four seasons within the faerie realm. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Now while they trade with each other they still enforce the old laws which include staying within your own season and a major one, not having a relationship with a faerie from a different season. Then there is the Iron Fey that everyone has to deal with. They were banished long ago and try to start battles with all the seasons.

One night Sorin's best friend Keir asks him to go hang out somewhere Sorin has never been to. They end up at the Falls, where all the seasons land meets. Some of the teenage faeries from the different seasons have been meeting here for years to hang out for a few hours without anyone finding out. They think that it is wrong that they have to be separated from the other seasons. This is where Sorin and Aurora meet and fall in love. They want to change the old laws and get things changed. While the royals do decide to open their gates for each season celebration everything else seems to stay the same. So the teenagers continue to meet once a month at the falls. Will their forbidden love survive, will the iron fey succeed, what will happen next? I would love to tell you about all the different characters and all the things that happen but I don't want to give any spoilers away. I just absolutely loved reading this and I don't think I would stop gushing about it if I started.

Just when you are loving what is happening the author throws a curve ball and the story takes a different turn. There are so many twists, turns and surprises that it will keep you guessing until the very end. I will tell you though I loved Sorin and Aurora, they are just such an amazing couple. I liked their friends too, they were all just so much fun to read about. I also really enjoyed learning about the different seasons and their lands. I would love to live in Winterland and have purple and white hair. The way the author describes the scenes is just enough to make you feel like you are there without being overly descriptive. I really liked a new character, Kailani that we meet about halfway through that fits into Winterland so good. Oh and I have to say that I adored Sorin's little sister Skye, she is just so adorable, sweet and funny.

This is one of those books that you don't want to end. When you finish reading the last page it's heartbreaking because you want it to continue on so much. This is a stand alone book but there is still so much with the storyline that this could be made into a series. I am so hoping this happens. I would love to read more books with these characters. This is one of my favorite books and has one of my favorite details I love in a book, forbidden romance. The author nailed it with this one. This is a must read and I highly recommend it! This e-book was provided to me for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Blog  Twitter  Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment