Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake (The Kahl'Nar Saga #1) by Mary Parker

The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake 

Book: The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake (The Kahl'Nar Saga #1)
Author: Mary Parker
Publisher: WordCrafts Press
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
 I'm a normal teenager. I have a normal teenage life with normal teenage problems.
The summer is my heaven. I live with my mom during the summer months. We stay in her tiny condo in Jacksonville, Florida. My parents split up when I was little. I'm not sure why. My mom never talks about it. Whatever it was, it was bad enough to make my mom pack me up in the middle of the night when I was four years old and run to my Gran's condo.
My mom got the condo after Gran died. From that time on all I had known my entire life was beach life.
Until four years ago.
Until my uncle found me.

My Review:
This book was one of the best that I have read in awhile. I knew when I read the summary that I was interested. I had no idea just how much I would end up loving it though.

When we first meet Leeowyn aka Lee, she is a 14 year old girl living with her single mom in Florida. She has never really known her dad because her mom took her and left at a very early age. They never talk about him. Then one day her Uncle Cycle (her dad's brother) shows up and tells her that he wants her to spend the winters at his house with him and her grandmother. While she finds this strange she lives with him during the winter for the next four years.

Every year she knows things are somewhat off and everyone acts strange but she just can't put her finger on it. Then when she is about to turn 18 her boyfriend Alex shows up at her Uncle's and stays there. Lee's best friend Peach and her Uncle are not happy to see Alex. When he tells Lee what is really going on Peach just comes along and erases her memory of anything that he has told her. You see Lee is a very powerful guardian and will become the guardian of the realms when she turns 18. On her 18th birthday is when everything starts getting really interesting and fun. She has no idea that she will soon be the only one that can save the realms from a very powerful evil.

I loved the plot and the characters so much. This was a well written story with so many twists and turns that I couldn't keep up. I read every chance I got and didn't want to put it down when I had to. I loved the ending and the answer that Lee gave. I am truly excited to find out what happens next! 
 
Connect with the author: Goodreads  Facebook  

No comments:

Post a Comment