Monday, December 21, 2015

Review: Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy #1) by Karpov Kinrade

Forbidden Mind (Forbidden, #1) 

Book: Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy #1)
Author: Karpov Kinrade
Publisher: Daring Books
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
From the award-winning, bestselling author Karpov Kinrade.

49% of Americans believe their government officials are honest. I don't know these officials, or their supporters, but I know their secrets, and 49% of Americans are wrong.

My employers pay me well to be right, to know things others can't. But I don't know why they brought that boy in, strapped to a stretcher, barely conscious. He asked me for help when I could give none.

I'm a wealthy spy, a talented artist, a martial arts black belt, and a prisoner. They tell me that on my eighteenth birthday, I will be released, free to go to the college of my dreams. It's my eighteenth birthday, and a man in black is at my door. I know he's not here to free me.

I know, because I can read minds.

My name is Sam, and this is my story.

So begins the tale of Sam and Drake--from the time they link minds, forging a bond that leads to an unconventional romance--to their fight for survival against the corrupt, twisted organization known as 'Rent-A-Kid.' 

My Review:
Ok so first of all I have to say I LOVED IT! What a fantastic start to what I hope will be an amazing trilogy. This book kept me up late at night reading and I had it read in a couple of days which is really fast for me.

Sam is not your typical teenage girl. She is a seventeen year old that can read minds. She has lived within an organization that she calls "Rent a Kid". All the kids here have some kind of paranormal power. Since she was about twelve she has been sent on jobs to spy and gather information for the rich clients that have hired her. When she finishes this "job" she thinks that it will be her last. You see when you turn eighteen you get to leave "Rent a Kid" and go live your life where and how you want. Or so they have been told.

When Sam returns from her latest "job" she sees a teenage boy, Drake, strapped down to a bed. He speaks to her mind telepathically. He asks for her help. Drake did not grow up at "Rent a Kid" but he does have a paranormal power, he can control people and things with his mind. Sam was not supposed to see or know about Drake. They form a two way mind connection and stay in touch this way. They also fall in love even though they have never really met in person yet. Drake has been and is continuing to be drugged so that he cannot use his mind control power. Sam starts to wonder if he did something wrong and that is why he is being drugged and not able to use his power. But when she talks to her best friends, twins Lucy and Luke she gets another idea. Is something more sinister going on at "Rent a Kid"?

When Sam turns eighteen things start spiraling out of control. I was loving the story from the beginning but when Sam turns eighteen things start to get really interesting. There are so many twists and I honestly did not know what was going to happen next. It is not predictable at all. I am not going to give any spoilers away but let me tell you this is a must read. I highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed! This e-book was provided to me for review. This did not affect my review in any way. 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

1 comment:

  1. The name makes me think Sam is a boy. I think it's better to write an older girl. Sam is too young, just seventeen years old.

    ReplyDelete