Saturday, October 3, 2015

Review: The Eternal Child by David Wasserman

The Eternal Child 

Book: The Eternal Child
Author: David Wasserman
Publisher: Outskirts Press 
Rating: 4 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source: Signed Paperback Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
For centuries, Alex Montera has led a life of running and hiding. That all changes when he comes to the rescue of Iris Lisant

My Review:
The Eternal Child was a fun, lighthearted vampire novel. It was fast paced with lots of action, some romance and great friendship.

Alex has been a vampire for many, many years and has had a bounty of his head for most of that time. Many things have changed in his life over the years. Some good, some bad. One night he saves a human girl, Iris and that changes the course of his life once again. It's from then on that Alex and Iris are drawn to each other.

I enjoyed their relationship and how it took some time to develop. I really liked their friends and their day to day banter. At the same time we can't forget that there are many others after Alex and that includes them coming after Alex's friends.

The plot was good and the story was well written. There was some inconsistency and some of the scenes were a little over descriptive for me. Other than that it was really good and I enjoyed reading it. The ending had a cliffhanger that I did not see coming at all. It really through a twist into the story and then it ended with to be continued. I am hoping that there will be a sequel sometime soon.

This book was provided to me for review. This did not effect my review in any way. 
 
Connect with the author: Goodreads  

No comments:

Post a Comment