Friday, August 7, 2015

The Redcastle Redemption (The Athena Effect #4) by Derrolyn Anderson

The Redcastle Redemption (The Athena Effect Book 4) 

Book: The Redcastle Redemption (The Athena Effect #4)
Author: Derrolyn Anderson
Publisher: Derrolyn Anderson
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Things finally seem peaceful for Cali and Calvin, but the twins are still struggling with their new-found freedom. Layla senses that more trouble lurks in her future, while Michael's happiness is being crushed under the weight of a terrible secret.
Someone new discovers the girl's special talents, and will stop at nothing to put them to use. The cousins must face their most brutal adversary yet, and everyone is forced to fight for both their lives and their loves.

My Review: 
WOW, what a series this was! Each book got better and better. I am sad that this is the end of such a wonderful series. I am going to miss reading about these characters everyday. This is truly a series that I highly recommend reading!

Just when everyone thinks that they can finally settle down and live their lives everything is turned upside down again. Between the mob, the professor and the senator all after them which way do they turn?

I could just start gushing about everything that happened in this final installment but I am not going to spoil it for anyone. I will tell you though that it is action and suspense packed from beginning to end. My heart was racing during so many scenes. I felt like I was on a rollarcoaster ride. The suspense was like that. You're heart is racing waiting for it to get to the top and then go over the other side at full speed. There are so many twists and turns I didn't know what to expect to happen next. The romance is there, but it's not overdone which I liked.

This book and really all of the books in this series are very well written. I loved how each character got their time in the "spotlight" in this story. We got to get to know each character and their personal story. I have to say that Caledonia and Calvin are still my favorites. But I have come to really like Layla, Ramon, Michael and Mina. I thought the author did a great job with how each one of them came together to help get the others out of some really dangerous situations. I am happy that the mob, the professor and the senator got what they deserved.

All the loose ends were tied up nicely. The ending was not rushed and we got to see into the future of each character. I loved how everything turned out and what Caledonia and Calvin were doing with their money. All around a happy ending for everyone. It was so neat to see and remember how each one of them started out in the first books and how they have transformed into these amazing people by the end. I just wish that there were more books because I am going to miss everyone. I had such a great time enjoying reading this series. I guess I will have to re-read it again sometime in the future. That's what you do with your favorites right? This e-book was provided to me for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment