Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Sherwood's End (Robbin' Hearts Series #3) by Diane J. Reed

Sherwood's End  (Robbin' Hearts Series #3) 


Book: Sherwood's End (Robbin' Hearts Series #3)
Author: Diane J. Reed
Publisher:  Bandits Ranch Books, LLC 
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: New Adult
Source: paperback review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Sometimes a great love won’t let go…until you believe.

The elite Pinnacle Boarding School for Girls is renowned for keeping away far more high school applicants from its hallowed halls than it lets in. But lately, someone has been lurking in the shadows, writing cryptic messages on mirrors, and putting people’s lives in peril. When Robin and Creek begin to suspect that this otherworldly guest may have a connection to a tragedy in Creek’s past—and isn’t about to go away anytime soon—they return to Robin’s Alma Mater to try and uncover the truth behind the mysterious spirit’s rage. What they discover is a love story for the ages that leaves them breathless and inspires healing and hope for all those who dare to believe in miracles.

Due to mature themes, readership is advised for ages 17+.

My Review:
Sherwood's End is a love story to end all love stories. It will take you on a thrilling, heart wrenching and emotional ride. You truly will not want to put this down once you start reading it.

When strange things start happening at the elite Pinnacle Boarding School for girls, Robin's former school, Robin and Creek know they must figure out what is going on. With the help of Granny Tinker's magical spells and the Stone of Thieves Robin and Creek will embark on one wild ride.

They have been through so much together already, from Robin showing up at Turtle Shores, falling in love, and traveling to Italy to find out about her mom. Now they will finally know the truth about Creek's parents and what led to the life that made Creek who he is today.

I fell in love with Sherwood Flynn right from the beginning. The way that he swept Caroline off her feet to their tragic ending. I was so engrossed in the story that I sometimes forgot that I was reading a book and not actually there with the characters. When you read Sherwood's End you will understand what I am talking about. I could go on and on about what scenes I loved and what happened but I don't want to give away any spoilers.

This is such a wonderful, dark at times, love story. There is lots of romance, and some scenes are more mature themed. I was surprised by the revelations of the characters backgrounds. By the end we will know the truth and any loose ends are all tied up. I loved that the story took us back to Turtle Shores. The people there are so unique, fun and magical. I wish that there were more books in this series because I didn't want it to end.

I really enjoy the writing style of the author. The stories and the characters are so real that it makes for some really great story telling. If you enjoy an amazing love story that you need to read this series!

This book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way. 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Twitter   Facebook 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed SHERWOOD'S END, Jamie! Thank you for writing this lovely review! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love this series! :)

      Delete