Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Review: The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales #4) by Derrolyn Anderson

The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales, #4) 

Book: The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales #4)
Author: Derrolyn Anderson
Publisher: Derrolyn Anderson
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Marina has been through a lot in the past year; she knows what she wants, and she decides to take matters into her own hands to get it. When a twist of fate takes her away from Aptos, she returns to find that her whole world has changed once again. A fortune teller’s ominous prediction seems to be coming true, people around her aren’t who they appear to be, and to top it all off, she’s being followed again.
Marina and Ethan only want to be together, but find they are being torn apart by their very natures. Can they overcome a final obstacle to build the future they dream of?

My Review: 
The Turning Tides is the final book in this series. It has been quite a journey for Marina, her family and friends. If another book would be written in the future I would love to read it. It would be great to see the characters in the future. But for now I am happy to have read such a great series.

Marina continues to be one strong young lady who just seems to find trouble no matter where she is. Her relationship with Ethan is tested once again but this time I wasn't sure if it would survive. The author brings in some new characters into the story that shake things up. The story mainly focuses on Marina but we do get a few updates from some of my other favorites throughout. There is a lot more suspense and action in this book than there was in the previous ones. It seemed more intense and I found myself not wanting to put it down. With the new characters comes some surprising news. Marina must figure out who she can really trust because her life and the lives of the mermaids depends on it.

When I finished reading, I was happy with how the series ended. I am going to miss reading about the characters that I have come to enjoy. Overall a great series that I would recommend. I will be on the lookout for more stories from this author. This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  

No comments:

Post a Comment