Saturday, December 27, 2014

Review: The Fate Of The Muse (Marina's Tales #3) by Derrolyn Anderson

The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3) 

Book: The Fate Of The Muse (Marina's Tales #3)
Author: Derrolyn Anderson
Publisher: Derrolyn Anderson
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Trouble is stalking Marina. She’s already escaped the clutches of her formidable foe once, but fate has even more trials in store for her. There are evil plans in the works– plans that threaten both her and her newly found family.
As she struggles to come to grips with her unwanted powers, outside forces threaten to tear Marina and Ethan apart, making her doubt their vision of an idyllic future together. Can first love be true love?

My Review:
Marina's Tales series keeps getting better with each book I read. I was hooked from the first book and the author just continues to reel me in for more.

In this installment it's summer in Aptos. Marina and her friends have graduated from high school. Shayla is heading to Paris to start her modeling career, Meagan is doing really well with her singing and Cruz is living in San Francisco. After all that Marina has been through in the previous books I though ok things have finally calmed down for her. Well things have only seemed to have just begun. Marina travels to Paris with Evie to meet with the mermaid council. It's here that Marina meets a new character that tells her about someone that she needs to stay away from. Things go from bad to worse after this.

Marina and Ethan's relationship is tested once again, but this time it's Marina rethinking things. A new guy comes into Cruz's life. I personally thought it happened really fast but I like them together. I cannot leave out the mermaids. I love how wherever Marina is surfing she encounters new mermaids who are always there to help her out of something. I liked the new little mermaid Nixie, and how she fits into the story.

This book continues to add more romance, suspense, danger all with previous and new characters. I'm looking forward to reading book four in this series. If you have not started reading this series I recommend that you do. It's so good! This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  

No comments:

Post a Comment