Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: Blogger Girl by Meredith Schorr

Blogger Girl by Meredith Schorr 

Book: Blogger Girl
Author: Meredith Schorr
Publisher: Booktrope
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
What happens when your high school nemesis becomes the shining star in a universe you pretty much saved? Book blogger Kimberly Long is about to find out. A chick lit enthusiast since the first time she read “Bridget Jones’s Diary,” Kim, with her blog, “Pastel is the New Black,” has worked tirelessly by night to keep the genre alive, and help squash the claim that “chick lit is dead” once and for all. Not bad for a woman who by day ekes out a meager living as a pretty, and pretty-much-nameless, legal secretary in a Manhattan law firm. While Kim’s day job holds no passion for her, the handsome (and shaving challenged) associate down the hall is another story. Yet another story is that Hannah Marshak, one of her most hated high school classmates, has now popped onto the chick lit scene with a hot new book that’s turning heads—and pages—a cross the land. It’s also popped into Kim’s inbox—for review. With their ten-year high school reunion drawing near, Kim’s coming close to combustion over the hype about Hannah’s book. And as everyone around her seems to be moving on and up, she begins to question whether being a “blogger girl” makes the grade in her off-line life.

My Review:
Oh my gosh Blogger Girl is one of those books that I couldn't put down. Being a book blogger myself I totally related to that part of the story. I was like oh my gosh that is what I do with my blog, posting, reviews, author friends and the list goes on.

Kimberly Long, aka Kim, is a legal secretary at a law firm in Manhattan. While she enjoys her job she has always thought of being a writer. She has a great boss, Rob, who she seems to "boss" around most of the time. Then there is Nicholas, the lawyer down the hall who Kim has been crushing on for a while.

Kim attends her high class reunion and runs into the high school "mean girl" Hannah who happens to have just written a chick lit book. She wants Kim to read and review on her blog Pastel is the New Black. This makes Kim jealous, even though she doesn't realize it at first.

I liked how the story didn't just focus on the blogger part of Kim. It really followed her throughout her daily life. The ups and downs of being a blogger and the romance in her life.

Blogger Girl is humorous and the characters are so real. I don't normally read contemporary or chick lit but this book has changed my view on it. I loved the office party at the end of the book and the karaoke singing. All in all a well written book. I will be on the lookout for more stories from this author.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review Blogger Girl. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! It's not something that I normally read but it was so good, I'm glad I read it! :)

      Delete