Saturday, June 7, 2014

Review: Radium Halos Part 2 by W.J. May

Radium Halos - Part 2 (The Senseless Series) 

Book: Radium Halos Part #2
Author: W.J. May
Publisher: Dark Shadow Publishing 
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads: 
Everyone needs to be a hero at one point in their life. The small town of Elliot Lake will never be the same again after Zoe, a high school senior from Elliot Lake, and five of her friends take shelter in an abandoned uranium mine during a violent thunderstorm. Over the next few days, Zoe’s hearing sharpens drastically… to supernatural levels. She tells her friends, only to learn that four others have an increased sense as well. Zoe is determined to use her new power for good, while trying to keep her growing feelings for Kieran, the new Scottish boy from their group, under control.

Fashioning themselves into superheroes, the group tries to stop the strange occurrences happening in their little town. Muggings, break-ins, disappearances, and murder begin to hit too close to home. It leads the team to think someone knows about their secret – someone who wants them all dead.

An incredulous group of heroes. A traitor in the midst. Some dreams are written in blood.

My Review:
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when reading this sequel. Sometimes when I read the second book in a series or trilogy I am not always happy by the end. Radium Halos Part 2 is an exception. By the end it will leave you asking for more.


Zoe and her friends are wanting and looking for some way to help out others in their community with their new found powers. They are training hard and learning more about what they can do with their powers. When muggings, break ins and even murder start occurring in their small town they step up their game. They are trying to figure out who is behind all of this. At the same time Zoe is figuring out her feelings for Kieran while keeping them a secret from the group. There is tension between some of the friends too, with a couple accusing the others of some crazy things.

We still haven't learned why or how they received their powers. While this is somewhat of a short read there is a lot packed into it. It is written well and I found myself not wanting to put it down. The mystery, suspense and romance were extras that I loved. I was trying to figure out who the traitor was throughout the book. By the end I had figured out the correct person although I was hoping I was wrong.

The ending is really good and leaves you wanting more. There are some twists and turns that are going to make the third book even better than the previous ones I think. I am excited to read the next one. This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

Purchase the book:  Amazon  Book Depository  Smashwords  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment