Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Blinded (Tenderfoot #2) by Amy Tupper


Book: Blinded (Tenderfoot #2)
Author: Amy Tupper
Publisher: Amy Tupper
Rating: 3.5 stars
Level: New Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Amazon:
Heart, hand, and sword - that's what I promised Jules.
I was nineteen years old. What did I know?

Sure, I'd noticed Jules was slightly unusual. Like she always knew where I was and how I felt. Yeah, it was odd, but it was also kind of romantic. One day, I'd even caught her fighting telepathically with Nick, her trainer. Not that I was surprised, because she was different from other girls - and who wouldn't find something to fight about with that guy? Frankly, the only one who needed training was him, starting with manners and ending with butting out. But Jules made it clear they were a package deal and that was that.

Then a creature from Nick's past attacks Jules. She won't rouse from sleep, her coma a reaction to a magic spell. It gets worse. She pulls me into her dreams - old memories that reveal her secrets. I fear Jules might be alone in them forever unless we find a way to remove the magic dagger wrapped around her wrist.

There's only one thing I can do.

Get in the car with Nick and pray we get help in time...

Told from Andrew's point of view, this New Adult Urban Fantasy story explores the depths of love, anger, and college-age friendship. 

My Review:
Blinded is told from Andrew’s point of view.  I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised while reading this one.  I enjoyed reading the first book Tenderfoot but Blinded I enjoyed a little more.  Action, adventure, suspense and romance comes together to make a great sequel.

Andrew has been waiting all summer to get to see Jules again.  So when he goes to a park to meet her he is shocked to find her in a coma like state with a dagger wrapped around her wrist.  Nick is never far behind when it comes to Jules.  Together Andrew and Nick put Jules in the car and head on 30+ hour trip across the country to get help for Jules.  Nick has a friend that will be able to remove the magic spell dagger that is wrapped around Jules wrist and awaken her from her magical coma. 

Throughout the trip most of the story focuses on Nick and Andrew’s conversation.  It is an interesting and sometimes humorous time.  We learn a lot about Nick’s life and his past.  There are also multiple times that Andrew is able to connect with Jules in her memories.  Sometimes it’s a memory and other times they are able to talk freely.  It was an interesting element added to the story.  There is some mature content (some graphic sex) at the end of the book.  Overall I would give this 3.5 stars.  This is an author whose books I will continue to read in the future.  

This e-book was provided to me by the author for review.  This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author:  Website  Goodreads  Twitter  Facebook   

Purchase the book:  Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment