Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Life Weaver by Cassandra Kay

Life Weaver 

Book: Life Weaver
Author: Cassandra Kay
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: review copy

Summary from Goodreads:
"The war between life weavers and necromancers impacted these lands far more than anyone could have imagined. The war was said to have wiped out both races. But I believe survivors of both still exist. I have found several necromancers but have yet to find a life weaver and research about them is scarce. This has led me to believe that those who survived found a way to hide themselves." The five of them had grown up together. Ancient magick bound them as children. Friendship binds them as adults. But when the Princess of Father Willows is kidnapped, each one is pushed to use their gifts further than ever before. For the outcome of the battle that marches forward will be decided by the five. If the wrong side is victorious, an ancient black magick will devour the lands.

My Review:
Life Weaver is a fantasy about a teenage princess who lives in the Father Willows Kingdom. When I first started reading this I thought oh this is going to be a good one. Then the further I got into reading it the more disappointed I got.

Rylee is a life weaver, she is someone who possess magic that can heal things. Caedmon is the future king of Entica. He wants Rylee to be his wife and his father, the king wants her to be part of their kingdom to help restore it. Rylee can't stand Caedmon. She is in love with her childhood friend Theron although she doesn't realize it at first. One day Caedmon kidnaps Rylee and takes her back to Entica. Some of the people from Father Willows attempt to save Rylee. Will they succeed? Well you'll have to read it for yourself to find out.

This is where I thought the story got lost. Caedmon either tortured Rylee himself or had someone else do it for him. The story just seemed to focus on her being locked up. I finished reading it so I could find out what happened. There are some parts that I did enjoy but for the most part I thought it was just ok. I thought the ending was rushed a bit and we are left with a lot of unanswered questions too.

This book was provided to me by the author and/or publisher for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads   

Purchase the book: Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment