Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Fly Away (Wildflower #2) by Amy Maurer Jones

Fly Away 

Book: Fly Away (Wildflower #2)
Author: Amy Maurer Jones
Publisher: Amy Maurer Jones
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: E-Arc Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Joshua Bangs and Jordan Stone are vying for the love of Laney Stillwater. They can’t walk away because their souls have been bound by the spirits for all of eternity.

In the second installment of The Wildflower Series, the stakes are higher than the guy getting the girl. Laney struggles with her feelings as the two boys fight for her affection, but a broken heart pales in comparison to the soul-devouring perils awaiting them in the spirit world.

Over the course of hundreds of years the past lives of the three reincarnates have proven time and time again that their love is beyond tragic. It's fatal.

My Review:
Wildflower, the first book in this series was so good I wasn’t sure how the author was going to top it.  Let me tell you, she did!  From start to finish I didn’t want to put it down.

In this one the story gets more in depth with the characters and their background stories.  Laney, Joshua and Jordan spend more time dream traveling to the spirit world and grow closer.  The love triangle between these three gets more involved.  Laney is struggling with her feelings toward Jordan while trying to be loyal and loving towards her boyfriend Joshua.  Then there is Gracie who is still causing trouble, her specialty. 

The author does a wonderful job incorporating teenage high school drama, love, friendship and historical time travel together.  While it sounds confusing it works great.  I love how we get to be in the present with the characters and also time travel with them to their former selves  in history.  I don’t want to spoil it for anyone by giving more details of the story away.  The ending is a real shocker, I will tell you that!  I think I was left staring at my Kindle for a few minutes until I realized that yes that was the end of book two.

 If you haven’t read this series I  recommend you do.  It’s really good and a real page turner.   I can’t wait until book three is released.  This e-arc was provided to me for review.  This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Blog  Twitter  Facebook 

Purchase the book: Amazon   Smashwords  

 


2 comments:

  1. Woot! Yay, I'm so glad you liked it, Jamie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, can't wait to read the next one when it comes out!:)

      Delete