Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: Shelter (Blood Haze #1) by Tara Shuler

Shelter (Blood Haze #1) 

Book: Shelter (Blood Haze #1)
Author: Tara Shuler
Publisher: Tara Shuler
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Two guys, one girl, and two dark secrets that threaten to tear her world apart.

Alice Wright is a young vampire going to high school for the first time at the age of seventeen at the behest of her eccentric mother. In many ways, she's more afraid of the human students than they would be of her.

She feels lost and awkward in human society, but she soon develops a strong bond with the cousin of one of her human classmates, nineteen year old Kai. He is beautiful, but somewhat of an enigma. She discovers a dark secret in Kai's life, and she instantly wants to shelter him from the pain that has tormented him all his life.

Then she meets Maksim Augustine, the incredibly gorgeous guy who seems more like he should be a model than a high school student. She is overwhelmingly attracted to him physically, but her love for Kai causes her to continually push him away. Eventually, she discovers a frightening secret about Max, too.

But Max's secret threatens to destroy everything...

My Review:
This book was a fast read. It flows along at a smooth but fast past. It definitely was not what I expected at all when I started reading it. I know this is fiction and all but this story was so unbelievable to me. Just hours after the main character Alice meets Kai at a party they are suddenly so in love with each other and are telling each other that they love them. Alice's mom being fine with Kai living with them just after meeting him and not caring that they are sleeping in the same room. I mean really? The first half of the book drove me crazy, especially Kai. He was so obsessed about Alice, calling her constantly and wanting to know what she is doing all the time. I know he has been through a lot in his life but come on. He was overly clingy and in my opinion stalker like. The second half of the book was better and I hope the next books are better. I did like Max, he was not afraid to be who he is. I feel that this story lacked character development and just a good plot. I will read the next book because I want to know what happens. This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Twitter   

Purchase the book: Book Depository 

No comments:

Post a Comment