Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark #1) by Dave Ferraro

Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1) 

Book: Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark #1)
Author: Dave Ferraro
Publisher: Dave Ferraro
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Teenager Shanna Hunt has been hunting demons since her parents were murdered by them. She's used to doing things alone, her own way, but one fateful night throws her into the company of a team of hunters, each specializing in a particular kind of monster: vampires, werewolves, witches, shape-shifters... This newly-formed team should be an unstoppable force for whatever is out there picking off individual hunters across the globe, but their first battle together against the monsters of the night could be their last.

My Review:
Her Dark Destiny is a good first book to this series. I liked it but just didn't love it. It started off slow and really didn't pick up until half way through.

Shanna Hunt, the main character is a demon hunter. She has been hunting demons since her parents were killed by them. She has been a lone hunter trying to keep her secret from her best friend. After a night at a new club Shanna decides to join The Agency. It's a secret organization of hunters of multiple species headed by a woman named Valor. Shanna must learn to hunt along side other hunters and stay alive at the same time.

The author features many of the different characters point of views throughout the book. I thought this way a nice touch. Although there were times when I got confused with so many different characters and they are all different types of hunters. We get a little background information about them but not much. I am interested in knowing more about Valor, Shanna and Damien. I also liked that there are different species... vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, demons, etc. There is a lot of action, some romance and suspense.

Overall a good book. I am going to continue with this series and see where it goes. This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Blog  Facebook  Twitter 

Purchase the book: Amazon  

2 comments:

  1. My sister and wife follow your blog and buy books that you review. My wife eft the iPad on to this page, so I thought I would thank you for giving them some good reviews and entertainment.

    If you get a chance, check out my blog (why not). I find old books and do strange articles about them.

    Http://firsteditionfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know. I am happy to hear that my reviews help them find books to read.

      I checked out your blog, will have to stop by more often. Very cool!

      Delete