Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Embrace The Highland Warrior (Connor Clan #2) by Anita Clenney

Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2) 

Book: Embrace The Highland Warrior (Connor Clan #2)
Author: Anita Clenney
Publisher: Anita Clenney
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Adult
Source: Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
They were driven apart by a timeless secret…

Cody MacBain let the woman of his destiny slip away. A member of an ancient clan of Scottish warriors, he grew up beside Shay Logan as her secret protector, but his heart compelled him to become more. Until Shay’s true identity was revealed, and the fated pair’s chance was gone…

But danger will drive them back into each other’s arms…

Shay fell for the boy next door, suspecting nothing of the ancient secrets he guarded. After a stinging betrayal, she’s determined to banish the memories of her first love forever. But the past can’t let go, and the boy she once loved has returned to her a warrior determined to protect her from the unspeakable evil fate has planned…

But with all the Underworld after Shay, Cody will have to call in the entire Connor Clan to keep her safe.

My Review:
Awaken the Highland Warrior is a really good read. I don't read many adult novels but when I was asked to review it, I thought ok I'll give it a try. This is the first warriors book that I have read and it won't be the last.

Shay moved to Scotland nine years ago. She left everything behind, her childhood home and the only family she has ever known. For the past nine years she has hated her childhood best friend Cody. When she returns to the states she runs into him and his brothers. This is where things start to get interesting. Shay starts to learn that the life she has lived was fake. Everyone around her has been lying to her for her entire life. She has a hard time accepting that they were doing it to protect her. Cody and his family are warriors who fight demons and try to keep the human race safe. An ancient demon and a vampire are both after Shay. Then there is something heating up between Shay and Cody. So many things going on that I don't want to give too much away.

I really enjoyed reading this. It has everything that I love in a good book. Romance, suspense, a love triangle, a bit of mystery and hot guys. There are a lot of laugh out loud moments especially with Matilda. I really liked the back and forth between Bree and Faelan too. There are some sexual scenes that are a bit steamy but they do not overshadow the book. I will continue to read the other books in this series. This e-book was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author:  Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository  

** I mistakenly read book #2 first thinking when I clicked on it in my Kindle that it was the first book.  LOL...oh well will read book #1 sometime. **

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. How have I not seen this series before? I love a highlander romance especially when it's got a little mystery/suspense to it. It sounds fantastic and I love that even though you missed book one it still totally worked. Always great when an author can really do that well.

    Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just added it to my wishlist :)

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete