Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand 

Book: Hallowed (Unearthly #2)
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: Harper Teen
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book ~ won

Summary from Goodreads:
 For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to Unearthly, Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

My Review: 
I LOVED Unearthly. So when Hallowed came out I was really looking forward to reading it. I mean I loved Tucker and Clara's relationship. But then I started reading and was somewhat disappointed with the story. Don't get me wrong there were parts I loved but for the most part it was just ok for me.

The second book in a series is usually one that drives me crazy. This one did that. I mean why do authors always mess with a good relationship? In Hallowed Clara has to face a lot of challenges. She finds things out about her family that I was even shocked to discover. She thinks that there is more to her purpose and then there is Samjeeza. I have mixed feeling about him. We meet a lot of new characters and learn more about some of the characters from Unearthly.

I felt the struggles between how Clara felt about Tucker and doing what she feels is right. Then there is Christian, who I wasn't sure about in the last one. I mean I liked him but I was all Team Tucker. But this time around I really started to like him and am starting to think that maybe he is the better choice for Clara. I can over look some of the stupid selfish things that he does in this one. The way he is there for Clara at her most vulnerable times just melts my heart.

There is suspense, action, heartbreak and a love triangle is forming. The ending is kinda crazy, I was like WHAT when we learn what Jeffery did. Yeah there are things I liked and things I didn't in this story. Overall I give it 3 stars. I will being reading Boundless because I have to know what happens.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Blog  Twitter  Facebook  

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository  

No comments:

Post a Comment