Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3) by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) 
Book: The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3)
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: Harlequin Teen & NetGalley

Summary from Goodreads:

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

My Review:
 
The Goddess Inheritance, the final and possibly best of the trilogy. I LOVED all three books. Each one for me, brought something new and fun. This one was just a fantastic ending to an awesome trilogy.

Kate is still being held captive by Calliope and Cronus. In the beginning her and Henry's child is born. Calliope is not about to let Kate spend any time with her new baby. Kate makes a deal with Cronus that she thinks will save all her family. Can she keep up her end of the bargain? Well you'll have to read the book to find out.

From beginning to end, it is non stop and I didn't want to put it down. Characters from the previous books are here once again and we get to meet some new ones. I would have liked to have had more Kate/Henry moments but what we are given was good. Henry drove me crazy at times though, he just seems to be bossy to Kate and underestimates her. No one seems to think Kate can help in this war with Cronus. I loved James again in this one. He is such a good guy and let's not forget HOT. If Kate wasn't with Henry I would have loved to seen her with James.

Secrets are revealed, some of which I was quite shocked as they were revealed. There is non stop action, suspense and twists and turns. I was saddened when one of my favorite characters died in the end. You'll be surprised who it is. Overall I loved reading this trilogy. I am going to miss the characters and the story overall. Can't wait to see what Aimee will write next.

This e-book was given to me by the author and/or publisher for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter 

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository  

No comments:

Post a Comment