Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Nightmare At Camp Forrestwood: A Young Adult Whodunit by Kelli Sue Landon


 Nightmare at Camp Forrestwood: A Young Adult Whodunit 

Book: Nightmare At Camp Forrestwoood: A Young Adult Whodunit
Author: Kelli Sue Landon
Publisher: Outskirts Press
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: Paperback Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads: 
It's time for the Madison High senior class camping trip New student, Holly Jenson, is looking forward to a weekend out with friends, especially Matt Ifft, her secret crush. Little does she know there is a killer among the group. When people start getting bumped off, Holly, Matt, and the rest of the teens must escape the camp while dodging the killer's wrath.

My Review:
Nightmare at Camp Forrestwood is a quick read with a lot packed into it. You will not want to put it down once you start reading it. It is full of mystery and suspense.

Holly, a senior in high school is a new student at Madison High. She hasn't made many friends and is excited to go camping with the senior class. She talks her friend Erin who is kind of an outcast into going to even though she is pretty much against it. They are not allowed to take cell phones or any kind of electronic devices on this trip. They are going to stay at Camp Forrestwood, a place with some gruesome stories. The first night while they are having a campfire things really start to pick up with the story. People start coming up missing and then are found dead. Who is the killer and who will end up dead?

The author is such a great storyteller. I felt like I was right there camping with everyone. I could imagine myself being in that scene looking over my shoulder the whole time. This is the second book that I have read by this author. Let me tell you she writes some great mysteries. I could not figure out who the killer was and was quite shocked when they were revealed at the end. There is lots of mystery and suspense. Just to add one more thing that I liked...I thought the way the author brought the characters together was great. Sometimes in high school, people are separated by who they are, jocks, geeks, etc. When things started going wrong, this didn't matter, everyone stuck together.

I'm a fan of this author and look forward to see what she is going to come up with next. This book was provided to me by the author and/or publisher for review. This did not affect my review in any way. 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Facebook  Twitter  

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository  


No comments:

Post a Comment