Friday, December 21, 2012

Review: LS: Deception (LS #2) by Kelvin O' Ralph

Deception (LS, #2)  

Book: LS: Deception (LS #2)
Author: Kelvin O' Ralph
Publisher: Kelvin O' Ralph
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Lisa and Stephen are back together as a new school year kicks off. This time, they're much stronger than they've ever been, plus their love life gears to the next stage. Everything seems perfect as they learn about Lisa's new abilities, until Lisa's father, Ben Morgan is attacked while receiving an award.

In this installment of LS, the two lovers face what seems to be their greatest challenge. As they uncover the mystery behind the attacks on their lives, they are left to make a final decision. It's time to fight back.

My Review:
Deception is a good sequel to this series. It had been a while since I had read the first one so I was trying to remember what had already happened. This one picks up where The Beginning left off.

Stephen and Lisa are back together as a couple. While they are still trying to figure things out with their relationship they are also working on their powers. Lisa has grown really strong in her powers, there is so much more that she can do. Then Stephen gets another house guest, another cousin. There was something about her throughout the book that I just couldn't put my finger on. Some things were answered from the previous book but this one created a lot more questions.

The only thing that really bothered me was the fact that the characters are just so nice. I know this may sound strange but even when they were mad they were still like super nice and friendly. It just seemed a bit fake to me. Otherwise I enjoyed it. I think this is a good, fun series. The author has left us with another cliffhanger ending. It sounds like it's going to get more interesting and hopefully we'll learn more about the characters and their powers. I'm looking forward to reading the next book and see what happens next.

This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Blog  Facebook  Twitter  

Purchase the book: Smashwords  Amazon  

No comments:

Post a Comment