Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3) by Bree Despain

The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)  

Book: The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3)
Author: Bree Despain
Publisher: EgmontUSA 
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: Purchased

Summary from Goodreads: 

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

My Review: 
 
The Savage Grace picks up where The Lost Saint left off. Daniel is still a white wolf and Grace is trying her hardest to figure out how to make him human again. Grace is dealing with a lot in this one. She is in her senior year of high school, her inner wolf wants out and she has the Lost Boys looking to her as their alpha's mate. If that isn't enough, Caleb and his crew are after her and then there's Sirhan and his pack.

We learn more about Daniel's background, who he truly is. Grace learns to control her inner wolf and uses her powers as The Divine One for good. There is just so much that happens, all the loose ends are tied up. The characters from the previous books are back along with some new ones for a finale you don't want to miss. The battle towards the end is one of the best battles that I have read in a book.

I have to say that I love this trilogy but this one started out a bit slow for me. The beginning was so focused on Grace and Daniel being a wolf, I didn't think he was ever going to become human again. After you get past this though, the story picked up and became interesting and exciting. There were parts that I thought were slow and others that happened too fast but it all worked out. There are a lot of twists and turns, and lots of action. There are some bittersweet moments. I was shocked by a betrayal and some of the deaths. I wish the author would continue this beyond a trilogy. I'm gonna miss reading about Grace and Daniel. All in all this is a great trilogy that I am happy to have read and own. You know in case I want to read it again and again. :) 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Blog  Twitter  Facebook  

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository  

4 comments:

  1. This seems very good! I guess I found a new series to add to my TBR :) thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great trilogy! Thanks for stopping by and reading my review! :)

      Delete
  2. I love shapechanger stories, and I've been thinking that there isn't enough of this type of paranormal in YA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I love shapeshifters and it's not very often I come across one in YA.

      Delete