Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Deadly Intentions (True Intentions #2) by Lisa Kuehne

Deadly Intentions by Lisa Kuehne 

Book: Deadly Intentions (True Intentions #2)
Author: Lisa Kuehne
Publisher: Noble Young Adult
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old, Ava O'Brian's may have survived her ordeal with Satan, but her troubles are far from over. They're just beginning. Her premonition nightmares only create questions about her special ability; is she really capable of influencing good or is she truly creating something else—evil. Uncovering the truth behind her miraculous survival, and choosing between the two immortals fighting for her affection will reveal far more than she is expecting and expose her to Deadly Intentions.

My Review: 
Deadly Intentions had me hanging on the edge of my seat. It is a little darker than the first book but just as good, if not better. I loved it!

Things are starting to go back to normal, well as normal as they can when you are dealing with Satan. Ava and Sam's relationship is strong, Ava's mom is dating again and William is still in the picture. But then things start to go downhill and fast. Ava is having nightmares where she is seeing bad things happen and then wakes up and sees that they happened in reality. She confides in William about her nightmares. She is wondering if she really does have the power to influence others to do good. Sam is not happy at all that Ava went to William instead of himself. Then Ava comes to find out that her dead twin brother Aiden, who she thought was in Heaven, has given his soul to Satan to save her.

This is only the beginning to what is such a heart pounding sequel. The author has thrown so many twists and turns and some new characters in the mix. I was shocked to learn who is really deceiving Ava and Sam. What Ava finds out from her mom was quite a twist, you'll have to read the book to find out. I liked how the author had the love triangle between Ava, Sam and William play out. Ava has matured in this one and I really like how she takes control. All the characters are very strong and don't back down from anyone. We were left with a great cliffhanger ending in True Intentions but the author out did herself in this sequel. I think my jaw hit the floor when I was reading the ending. The last few sentences I was like OMG!

I am so excited to read the third installment to see what happens next. I am recommending this to urban fantasy and/or paranormal romance fans. You will not be disappointed! This e-book was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way. 

Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Twitter  Facebook  

Purchase the book: Amazon  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment