Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book Review: The Zombie Playground (Grisly High #2) by Brian Rowe

The Zombie Playground (Grisly High, # 2)


Book: The Zombie Playground (Grisly High #2)
Author: Brian Rowe
Publisher: Brian Rowe
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:

Brin Skar has had a rough couple of weeks. She barely survived the grisly vampire attack in Bodie Ghost Town, the mysterious Paul is now a guest in her own home, and her dad Kristopher, dead for over a year, has emerged from the grave to try to kill his only daughter. After two somber funerals and the baffling disappearance of her Film teacher, Brin decides she needs a break from all the pain and heartache. And what’s a better escape than a round of golf at the brand new Macabre Golf Course? But as soon as Brin and her friends hit the links, strange noises and bizarre sightings begin to occur. And unfortunately for the group, the vampire encounter is going to seem like child’s play… especially when the zombies come out to play!

My Review:

The Zombie Playground is fast paced with even more action I think than the first book.  While the first one took place mostly in the ghost town of Bodie, this one focuses on the town of Grisly.

Brin has brought home her vampire friend Paul home with her from Bodie. He is hiding from his father and the crazy vampire clan from Bodie.  Brin thinks she sees her dead father emerge out of the grave and is doesn't realize that two guys have a thing for her.  That is just the beginning.  Brin and her friends (well some of them) survived vampires in Bodie only to have to deal with lots of gross zombies in their town.  It all starts to get really good at the funerals for Chace and Sawyer. 

This is one amazing, funny and non stop action read.  While I mentioned a little romance, it is there just doesn't focus on it much.  It's all about the zombies.  Brin's classmate, Anaya who we met in the first book is back for more.  She is still annoying and mean but for some reason I started to like her a little more in this one.  I like Brin and her friends, they somehow find humor while running from zombies.  The crazyness at the golf course to the dramatic cliffhanger ending kept me on the edge of my seat. 

I usually stay away from books with zombies because I think they are just gross but I couldn't put this one down.  Brian Rowe is just such an awesome story teller.  I am a fan of his books and can't wait for the next one.  This is a 5 star for me because I simply didn't want to put it down, it's really that good.

This e-book was given to me by the author for review.  This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author:  Blog  Twitter  Goodreads 

Purchase the book:  Amazon 

2 comments: