Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review: Wildflower (Wildflower #1) by Amy Maurer Jones

Wildflower, The Wildflower Series Book One


Book: Wildflower (Book One in the Wildflower Series)
Author: Amy Maurer Jones
Publisher: Amy Maurer Jones
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Amazon:
Wildflower pulled out a quill. It looked like any ordinary quill. Only, I knew what she was capable of doing once her fingers finished guiding it along the parchment. She began sketching an outline of a cluster of birds with the black ink. There were at least a half a dozen in the flock.

“With each new life we breathe our souls will migrate toward one another. Our souls will carry us over land and water to be reunited again and again.” she smiled as she replaced her quill and began chanting in her native and mysterious language.

Like magic, the ink evaporated off of the paper and swirled in circles in the air until it found purchase on skin. A cluster of delicate birds were suddenly embedded at the nape of her neck. I felt tingling warmth spread over my chest. When I looked down I found one more imprint engraved over my heart.

I glanced down at the winged figure permanently seared into my skin and smiled. They would not separate us. We would be one forever because my heart would always belong to Wildflower, in this life and every future life.
 
My Review:
Wildflower is a beautifully woven story about love and reincarnation. I love the cover, fits the book perfect!

In past time, Wildflower is a native american teenager. She is in love with an englishman named Joshua Bangs. However, her father has set her up to marry a warrior named Paco. This creates a love triangle that doesn't end well.

In modern day Laney is a native american teenage girl who is dealing with everyday teenage drama. She has been dating Jordan but things have not been going so well. Some people look at her differently because of her beliefs. They think she is some kind of freak and witch. When she draws things from her dreams the image appears on her skin as a tattoo. She has been having dreams about a former life as a girl named Wildflower. One day she meets the new guy at school, Joshua Bangs. She feels like she knows him and instantly connects with him. Their friendship turns to love when they realize that they are Wildflower and Joshua from a past life. They seem to have the same dreams about their past life. Then they come to realize who Paco is in modern day. It seems that they will have the same fate as Wildflower and Joshua or will they?

I really liked how the story flowed and I loved the characters. The song lyrics throughout the book was a nice touch. I'm not usually one for historical aspects in a book but I loved this one. The way the author wove the past and present together was great. This is my favorite book so far that I have read by this author. I can't wait to read the sequel.

This e-book was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.
 
Find the author: Goodreads  Blog  Facebook  Twitter 
 
Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds like it's really interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I enjoy reading Amy's books, they are all great that I have read. You should check them out. Wildflower is a great book, I can't wait to read the sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete