Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: Familiar

Familiar by Michelle Rowen
Book: Familiar
Author: Michelle Rowen
Publisher: Michelle Rowen
Rating: 5 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-book review copy

Summary from Goodreads:

When reluctant teen witch Brenda Collins is sent by her mother to a magical pet shop to pick out her animal familiar, she settles on a small tawny-striped kitten not realizing it's a shapeshifter currently in hiding. Discovering the gorgeous but troubled Owen's secret plunges the witch-in-training into a dangerous and romantic adventure that will test her magical abilities like never before.

Familiar is a stand alone 10,000 word YOUNG ADULT SHORT STORY, originally published in the "Kiss Me Deadly" anthology.


My Review:

Familiar is a short but really fun read!

Brenda is a witch in training who thinks she picked out her familiar, a kitten. Only to find out the her adorable kitten is really a hot shapeshifter on the run from the bad guys.

This was a short story that I read in like an hour. It is a quick read and there is not enough time for much background information or character development. This did not keep me from loving the story though. The plot and the characters were well written. I loved the cute romance that developed and how the story flowed along. I would love to see this written into a series, it's that good. This is a 5 star in my opinion and one of my favorite short stories.

This e-book was given to me for review. This did not affect my review in any way.


Find the author: Goodreads  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter 

Buy the book:  Amazon  Smashwords 

1 comment: