Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter

Book: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: e-arc from publisher via NetGalley

Summary from Goodreads: 
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.


My Review:
Goddess Interrupted picks up when Kate is arriving in the Underworld from her six month vacation with James. I felt like I was right there with her feeling so excited to see everyone, especially Henry. Some things don't turn out the way you plan though.

Not long after Kate arrives, everything seems to disrupt. Henry and some members of his family are abducted and there is someone that wants Kate dead. Kate doesn't get to enjoy her homecoming because she sets out to rescue her new family. Along the way she seeks the help of her sister, Persephone. I was a bit shocked at this and how things went from there.

There are a lot of ups and downs, twists and turns in this one. I was surprised to learn about some of the characters, who they really are besides gods. What Kate learns about herself was just crazy, I mean really? The one thing that did bother me was Kate herself. I mean she is this great character who I really like, but she annoyed me in this one. She kept over thinking her relationship with Henry in her mind. Then she would tell him and everyone else about it all the time. Henry at first annoyed me, the way that he treated Kate, but then as the story went on I came to realize why.

This one had a lot of action and suspense with a little bit of romance. The last part of the book was really good and the ending, wow. We are left with a huge cliffhanger. I was like no this can't be the end, it can't end this way! But yeah now I have to wait to read The Goddess Inheritance. Overall a great book!

This e-arc was given to me for review by the publisher via NetGalley. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author: Website  Blog  Goodreads  Facebook  Twitter 

Purchase the book: Amazon  Book Depository 

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with everything you've said in this review - this is totally how I felt! The cliffhanger really got me though - roll on April 2013 so I can see what happens next!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I know what a cliffhanger ending that was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll wait until next year before I read this series...assuming that this series is intended to be a trilogy. I love being able to read one book after the other in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for introducing me to a new series:)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, this is such a good series but I understand why you want to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this series!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete