Saturday, March 10, 2012

Review: Fast Forward Into The Future by Kelvin O'Ralph

Book: Fast Forward Into The Future
Author: Kelvin O'Ralph
Publisher: Kelvin O'Ralph
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: Author

Summary from Goodreads:
Before Lucas turned eighteen, he had four goals:
Finish his novel
Publish his novel
Sell his novel and,
Get the girl of his dreams

It sounded pretty easy at the time

Now the girl is leaving
His book hasn't reached the desk of a publisher
and he has the gift of time travelling, which affects his social life.

Will Lucas use his gift to create his dream life, or will he watch his dreams fade?


My Review:
Fast Forward into the future is about a guy named Lucas who dreams of getting his first book published and finding the perfect girl to marry. His family and friends are skeptical about Lucas's book getting published. Lucas himself doesn't quite believe that he will accomplish his dream either. What he sees when he travels into the future sometimes is not exactly how it will turn out.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this. I knew there was some time travel and romance but it's not the usual genre that I read. The beginning started off slow but then picked up and by the ending I was hooked. I liked the characters and the book overall. I would have liked to seen more about the characters backgrounds and just more development overall. The storyline and plot are good and well written. To me it just seemed like Lucas would like a girl and then switch so fast that we didn't get to know anything about her. The last half of the book has some twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I liked that we got to see his life 10 years later and how everything really turned out.

You get good characters, romance, time travel and some humor. I am giving this a 3 stars with parts of it 3.5 stars. Overall it's a quick, enjoyable read. This e-book was given to me as a review copy. This did not affect my review in any way.


Find the author: Goodreads  Blog  Facebook  Twitter  

Buy the book:  Amazon  Smashwords 

No comments:

Post a Comment