Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blood Sisters Review

Book:  Blood Sisters
Author:  Michelle Scott
Publisher:  Michelle Scott
Rating:  2 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  E-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Starla had always imagined that becoming a vampire would make her popular, glamorous and wealthy. But after she and her best friend, Jordan, become undead, Starla realizes one thing: a vampire's life sucks.

Since there's no turning back, she tries to make the best of her situation, but it isn't easy. Especially not after her friend abandons her to serve the oldest, most powerful vampire in the city. Or when she gets on the bad side of a gang of vampires who've taken over the zoo. Or when she meets a really cute boy and ends up falling in love, only to find out that there's a major problem...she's a vampire, and he's a vampire killer.


My Review:
Best friends Starla and Jordan have always dreamed of becoming vampires. They thought it would be all glamorous and they would be wealthy. Turns out they were wrong.

I had high hopes for this when I started reading it. I was looking forward to the friendship and the romance. I was disappointed. I usually love reading vampire books. This one just didn't keep my interest, I found it boring at times.

Once Starla and Jordan become vampires they quickly realize it's not what they thought it would be. Jordan soon leaves Starla so she can serve the oldest most powerful vampire in the city. Starla roams the lonely streets at night deciding whether or not she wants to complete the transformation by feeding. Along the way she meets and falls in love with vampire hunter.

This book was unique in some ways and it had a good story line but it fell flat. It started off slow and I thought it would pick up but it just never really developed into anything. I liked Mercer and the little vampire that Starla becomes friends with. I just wished that their story lines would have developed. I felt that the ending came to quickly. It felt rushed to me.

I have read Uncommon Magic by Michelle Scott and loved it. I will continue to read more books by her though. With authors, there are some books you love and some not so much.

This e-book was given to me as a review copy. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author:  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter

Buy the book:  Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment