Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) Review

Book: Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3)
Authors:  Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Publisher:  Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Rating:  5 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  Library

Summary from Goodreads:
 Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, "strange" and "impossible "have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?
For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.
Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.


My Review:
 Beautiful Chaos picks up where Beautiful Darkness leaves off. Ethan and Lena are trying to find John Breed and fix the mess that he left. School is staring and Ridley is joining them. Link is a ladies man now and this causes major problems with Ridley and the cheerleaders. Amma has turned to the dark side and all of Gatlin is drying up and the heat is unbearable. If that wasn't enough, everyone's powers are messed up.

Anything I write in this review is not going to do any justice. I loved everything that was written. There are so many ups and downs, twists and turns and just too many things to write about. The characters come more into their own in this one. The story line is well written and I just love the whole southern vibe.

I love Ethan and Lena's love story and how they stand by each other no matter what. Ridley and Link are just too funny, they are some of my favorite characters in this series. I was pleasantly surprised by a new relationship that develops, you'll have to read the book to find out who it is. I enjoyed learning about Sarafine and who she was before she turned dark. Macon is always popping up when you least except him to which just makes it more interesting. Oh yeah and I can't leave out the cliffhanger ending. Yeah it's the best one yet!

Again, I can't express how much I LOVED reading this. Each time I read the next one it surprises me how much it tops the previous books. If you haven't started reading the Caster Chronicles series you should, it's amazing! I can't wait for the next one!

Find Kami Garcia:  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter 

Find Margaret Stohl:  Website/Blog  Facebook  Twitter

Buy the book:  Amazon  Book Depository   

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover with the eerie gate and the beautifully scriptes title. And I enjoyed reading your review. I so hope I can clear my schedule and read this book sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too. The Caster Chronicles series is one of my favorites, just love it and can't wait to watch it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover to this book!

    I'm giving away a signed copy of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too,I gana have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete