Monday, September 5, 2011

Vanish (Firelight #2) Review


Book: Vanish (Firelight #2)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Harper Collins
Rating; 5 STARS
Level: Young Adult
Source: NetGalley & Harper Collins

Summary from Goodreads:
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?

In bestselling author Sophie Jordan’s dramatic follow-up to Firelight, forbidden love burns brighter than ever.


My Review:
Vanish starts off right where Firelight ended. I thought this was cool cause you really never see that in a sequel. While I liked Firelight, I LOVED Vanish. It blew me away. Sophie did such an amazing job with the sequel. A true 5 STAR!

Jacinda is heading back to the pride after revealing her true self. The opening scene is so action packed and shocking. Will and his family are shaded or are they? Wondering how they were shaded and who did it, well you'll have to read Vanish to find out. Once Jacinda and her family return home to the pride she sees what their leaving has caused. There is now a curfew and lots of new rules among the pride. Jacinda lost her job and possibly so much more.

Vanish brings so many things to readers. We learn more about the draki and other characters have bigger roles in this one. There is loads of action and jaw dropping shocking moments. My favorite, love triangles and let me tell you there is lots of want to be love triangles. I found myself really liking Cassian this time around. I mean I still think Will is great but Cassian gives him a run for the money with Jacinda. When Jacinda follows her heart other people get hurt and she endangers the lives of everyone in the pride.

Vanish had me hooked from the first page to the cliffhanger ending. I couldn't stop reading it, I just wanted more. When you finish that last page you will be begging for book 3. I know I am. Sophie outdid herself on this one. It was one of the best books I've read this year!

I received this as an ARC e-book from NetGalley and Harper Collins for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author: Website  Facebook  Twitter

Buy the book: Amazon  The BookDepository

1 comment:

  1. I can't find fault in Vanish. There was plenty of action and in the quiet moments I found myself drawn into Jacinda's story. Empathy overtaking me, to the point of teary eyes at some embarrassingly inconvenient moment. Public displays of literary induced sobbery aside I was very pleased with this book and Jordan's unexpected emotional array of storylines.

    ReplyDelete