Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Loramendi's Story by Angela Carlie Review


Book:  Loramendi's Story (Lord of Shifters #1)
Author:  Angela Carlie
Publisher:  DarkSide Publishing
Rating:  4 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  ARC e-book from author

Summary from Goodreads:
Lora wants nothing more than to be the wind behind sexy windsurfer Chance's sails. But fulfilling that wish just became...complicated. After seventeen years of normal life, someone wants Lora and her family dead. And the attempted massacre isn't nearly as strange as the reason behind it.

My Review:
This is one of those books that takes you by surprise. The story starts off with Lora who lives in a small town in Washington where nothing much happens. Lora spends her days watching windsurfers at the beach, hiking with her friends Jess and Johnnie and waitrsesing on the weekends. After her mom disappeared when she was younger her mom's best friend Aubrey takes her in to live with her.

The beginning has some crazy, funny and unpredictable moments. Among those Lora's best friend has a new look and attitude when she returns from vacation, a man gets eaten by a bear and Lora herself encounters a large bear while hiking. Not to mention some of the strange people she meets along the way. Then we meet hottie windsurfer Chance. Say no more, yeah he's hot, charming and an all around nice guy but there's so much more to him. Lora and Chance meet and sparks fly instantly and the romance just blossoms from there.

I love shapeshifters and the way the author brought shapeshifting into this story was very interesting. Something different that I have not read before. The whole fairy tale world was so well done and it made me wish it could happen to me. I loved all the characters, even the evil ones. This story has it all, romance, action, adventure, suspense, mystery and friendship. There are lots of twists and turns, laugh out loud moments and hot guys. I mean who doesn't love hot guys? I love paranormal romance but don't worry there is plenty of action and suspense too.

I was drawn in from the first page and didn't want to put it down. I liked the ending and can't wait to read what's to come next in this series. I'm now a fan of this author and will continue to read her books.

This ARC e-book was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author:  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter

Buy the e-book:  Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment