Monday, August 1, 2011

Betrayed (The Guaridan Legacy #2) by Ednah Walters


Book:  Betrayed: Book Two of The Guardian Legacy
Author:  Ednah Walters
Publisher:  Firetrail Publishing
Rating:  5 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  ARC e-book Review Copy from Author

Summary from Goodreads:
Lil has come to terms with her life as a Guardian/demon hunter and the wielder of the Nephilim most powerful weapon-the Kris Dagger. She trains everyday to master her growing powers, gets along with her Guardian trainee friends, most of the time, and cherishes the time she spends with her human friends.

Just when she feels she belongs, her nature-bender father contacts her and warns her about a betrayal by someone close to her. Then Bran, the boy she loves, starts to act strange and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability. While Lil struggles find a connection between these three things, she begins to realize that someone is manipulating her and will stop at nothing, including hurting those she loves, to lure her to the dark side.


My Review:
This is the sequel to Awakened. I knew that I was going to love this but was wondering if it could live up to the first one. Well let me tell you it surpassed Awakened.

All the characters are back for another round in the guardian world. Things are going good,Lil and Bran's relationship is growing, she is training and hunting as a guardian, Bran's sister is living with him now. Then the trouble starts. Lil' father Valfar starts calling her and telling her she's in danger and that Bran is not telling her everything. At first she ignores him so he uses one of her friends as a medium, the whole phone thing I thought was cool. Then Bran starts acting different towards Lil and things go downhill from there. There's someone spying on Lil and sending information about Lil back to her father. Then there's Solange and the little kid's, I liked meeting these new characters. I felt Lil's struggles with Bran and her father. It was like a mystery trying to figure out who the spy and who the medium were. The romance, suspense, action and mystery were all fantastic. I couldn't put my kindle down, I wanted more. LOVED the ending with the party. Makes me smile just thinking about it. :)

I want to gush about everything that happened and all the moments between my favorite characters, Lil, Bran and yeah Skyes. I am not going to say anymore except that I LOVED this and can't wait to read more. This is one of my favorite series and it's a must read!

This book was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author:  Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment