Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Author Interview with Amy Jones

Please welcome Amy Jones to Fantasy Book Chick


Tell us a little about yourself…
I am a 1993 graduate of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Dance Education. I have seventeen years of experience in education and currently teach Dance and Theater Arts to high school students in southeastern North Carolina. Dancing, acting and writing are all forms of communication. Each form requires exceptional creativity and passion to inspire and impress an audience. I have enjoyed a passion for reading, writing, and the arts since I was a child. As an adult I have enjoyed having the opportunity to share my passion for the arts with children. It only seems appropriate that delving into the world of teen fiction would be the next logical step in my life.

What do you enjoy doing when not writing?
Being a Momma! My children are my greatest accomplishments and nothing I ever do will surpass my pride in them.
and…
Teaching! I love working with teenagers on a daily basis and hopefully inspiring the future generations while simultaneously sharing my passion for the arts.

When did you begin writing?
I began tinkering with words when I was in high school. My tenth grade English teacher clued me in to my potential as a writer so I signed up for his Creative Writing class. I loved the course and began dabbling in poetry and short stories.

Do you listen to music, drink coffee, etc. while writing?

I require quiet for my writing. If I here music I will quickly find my self dancing around the room (not very conducive to the writer’s need to expel words on paper).  I frequently use pictures as inspirational enhancement for my writing. Mostly my plots are inspired through dream.  My snacks of choice while writing are chips and dip and ice cream.

What book are you currently reading, just finished reading or going to read next?
Currently I am reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
I just finished reading The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Brazwell (the bound edition containing all three books in the series).
Next, I intend to finish reading Jenny Pox by JL Bryan.

Who are some of your favorite authors?

My favorite author is Cassandra Clare, author of The Mortal Instruments Series and The Infernal Instruments Series. A recent favorite would have to be Indie author, Addison Moore, author of The Celestra Series.  I could list a dozen authors but I find Ms. Clare and Ms. Moore’s books impossible to put down from the onset of reading.  I enjoy their multiple POV writing style. 

What other projects are you working on or having coming out next?
I will be releasing Soulless; The Story of Shayan, The Soul Quest Trilogy Prequel on Halloween 2011. The novella will be available for free in Kindle format on Amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and Smashwords.
Soul Deep, Book Three in The Soul Quest Trilogy will be released in August of 2012.

New Scoop!
I’ve just began plotting a new series which I am referring to as The Witches of Plymouth (don’t hold me to the title, it may change but needed a name for the time being).  It will be a young adult paranormal romance/historical fiction novel which dates back to the days of Plymouth Colony. 

Why did you choose to write this genre?
I love and prefer young adult literature.  I lean toward paranormal romance and fantasy because I’m a dreamer and hopeless romantic.

If you could be any paranormal or have a supernatural talent what would it be and why?
I’d be a Guardian Angel and try to save people from themselves or their lives (abuse, addiction). My power would be to give them a sense of peace and self empowerment (and some pretty, sparkly wings which allowed me to fly to beautiful places would be a nice bonus)!


Tell us why readers will enjoy reading your book…

First, it’s unique. My heroes are Oracles and Guardians and my villains are Daevas and Aengels. What? You haven’t heard of such beings? *light bulb moment* …like I said, it’s different.
Second, Liv and her friends Laith, Brayan and Meena totally rock! When you meet them in between the black and white pages you’ll wish you could pull them out of the book and hang out with them!
Third, you’ll get to journey to places you’ve never been, see things you’ve never seen, do things you’ve never done.  It will blow your mind!

Read my review of The Guardians of Souls 

No comments:

Post a Comment