Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Angelic Mysteries by James Sanderson Review


Book: The Angelic Mysteries
Author: James D. Sanderson
Publisher: James D. Sanderson
Rating: 3 Stars
Level: Adult
Source: Review Copy From Author (e-book)

Summary from Goodreads:
Traveling to Europe to escape the specter of madness in his life, Daniel Allman meets and falls in love with a woman who believes herself to be an angel. She is being pursued by a psychopath; a man she believes is an anti-angel. An action-packed thriller, a tender love story, and a literary adventure. The Angelic Mysteries: Where Heaven and Earth Meet.

My Review:
The Angelic Mysteries is a short story. If you like lots of action, a little romance and a short story you'll like this.

Daniel is traveling across Europe in hopes of finding himself. Along the way he meets Sarah who claims she is an angel from Heaven. She believes that she is his guardian angel even though she is now somehow human. There is also this crazy demon guy that is after Sarah at first and then both of them. I can't reveal anymore without telling you the entire story, so you'll just have to read the book to find out what happens.

I thought the story flowed along at about the same pace most of the time. There were some things I felt was a little rushed, but that happens sometimes with short stories. We know very little about Daniel's background and even littler about Sarah's. There were a few scenes that grossed me out. I enjoyed reading it for the most part. I wish we would have learned more about the characters background and had more time in between everything happening.

This was given to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Find the author: Blog  Goodreads  Facebook  



No comments:

Post a Comment