Sunday, June 19, 2011

Journey into the Realm: The Elf Girl Review







Book:  Journey into the Realm: The Elf Girl
Author:  Markelle Grabo
Publisher: Booklocker.com, Incorporated
Rating: 4 Stars
Level: Young Adult
Source: Review copy (print paperback) from author

Summary from Goodreads:
With her pale skin, emerald eyes, and pointy ears, Ramsey's life has never been normal. When she learns that she is an elf, things take a turn for the strange and perilous. Ramsey must rescue the sister she never knew in order to unlock the secrets of her past, secrets that could determine the outcome of a dangerous war between fairies and elves. And in order to discover herself, Ramsey must accept her magical destiny.

My Review:
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this. I had never read about elves before and this was written by a teenager. Let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it! I felt like I was reading a book by an author that had written many great books already.

The story starts out with Ramsey living in the Human Realm and wondering why she has pointy ears and is different than the rest of her family. She finds out when Addison and her brother Stellan tell her and take her back home to the Elf Realm. This is where the story really takes off from I thought. Ramsey gets settled and then starts to figure out how she can rescue her kidnapped sister Zora. What an incredible story this was. It was fantasy but I felt like I was in a small town walking around to the different shops and meeting people.

I loved the main characters as well as most of the others that Ramsey meets along the way. I thought the Queen was a wonderful down to earth person and I liked how she knows things. My other favorite was Mac, he is so cute and funny. I don't like Finn and I'm sure no one does. I don't want to give away an spoilers so I'm just going to say that I loved it. While some questions were answered by the end there are still many unanswered questions left. I'm guessing and hoping that there is a sequel to come soon. I have to know what happens next.

While this was my first book to read about Elves it won't be my last. This is the author's debut book and I am going to keep her on my list of favorite authors. I hope she continues to write, I can't wait to see what she has in store for the future.

This book was given to me by the author for review. This did not in any way affect my review. 
Find the author:  Website  Blog  Twitter   Facebook  Goodreads  Book Blogs 
Buy the book:  Barnes & Noble   Amazon  




1 comment:

  1. This looks good. Great review! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete