Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fire Girl (Tales of Ever #2) Review


Book:  Fire Girl (Tales of Ever #2)
Author:  Jen Wylie
Publisher:  Echelon Press LLC 
Rating:  4 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  E-book Review Copy

Summary from Goodreads:
Surviving Ever may not be easy, but somehow I'm managing. So far.

Luckily I've made a new friend, Jadus. He's not exactly human, but he's teaching me how to survive here. Even though I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I miss home, he makes life bearable. Despite the not being human thing, I think I may be falling for him. Unfortunately Ever isn't the place for romance.

Now I have to deal with a barbarian king and a crazy shape-shifting witch on top of the everyday dangers. With each day that passes, it becomes more important I learn to control my fire powers.

If I can't I might lose everything; any hope of finding my dad, Jadus...my life.


My Review:
I received this e-book as a review copy from the author. This did not in any way affect my review.

This is the second book in the Ever series. This story just keeps getting better. Misha and Jadus are getting to know each other better. Trying to survive each day is a challenge, with fighting plants and creatures throughout the jungle and picking the right food. In this one we meet two new characters that are yes quite different. I don't want to say much because I don't want to give anything away. Misha and Jadus start a new adventure towards the end. I felt bad for Misha at the end of this one, but she is a surviver and we'll see what happens next.

I really like reading this series, it's fun and different. Keep up the great writing Jen!


Find the author:  Website     Blog     Facebook     Twitter 

Buy the book:  Barnes & Noble     Smashwords

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting too! you've had loads of e-books lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and I have a lot more waiting to be read. :)

    ReplyDelete