Saturday, May 14, 2011

Banished (Tales of Ever #1) Review






Book:  Banished (Tales of Ever #1)
Author:  Jen Wylie
Publisher:  Echelon Press
Rating:  4 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  E-book Review Copy


Summary from Goodreads:
My life was normal. It sucked, but it was normal. At least until I got this new power. I can control fire. It would be cool if it wasn't so dangerous and if I knew how to use it. Pretty much my sucky life took a nose dive once I got it. Yup, everything gone. I suppose I should be thankful some uncle I never heard of took me in. Turns out the whole family isn't normal and my power is a lot more dangerous than I thought. I thought things couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. They banished me to Ever.

If I'm lucky, I might survive my first day.


My Review:
I received this from the author for review. This did not in any way affect my review.

This is the first short story in the Tales of Ever series. This is the second short story by Jen Wylie that I have read. She introduced me to short stories. I really enjoy reading them now.

This is about a girl named Misha who has the ability to control fire. When her mom dies, a uncle that she has never met or heard of claims her and takes her to live with his family. Soon after they find out that she is "wild" cause of her ability. They banish her to Ever, a spell protected place. There she meets Jadus who she thinks is cute and different. He has the ability to see the past and present but not the future. He takes her into the jungle to find food and teach her how to survive Ever. Most people don't survive their first day in Ever. They come across creatures and plants that try to eat them. I loved how the sky changes so you know what time of day it is or when it's going to rain.

I hope I didn't give away too much, cause I think you all should read this. This is such an interesting and different story. The way the author describes the scenery and the creatures is very visual. It felt like I was right there with them telling Misha to run.

This author writes such good stories in such a small amount of pages. I can't wait to read the next books in this series. 


Find the Author:  Website     Blog     Facebook     Twitter   


Buy the BookSmashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment