Monday, May 2, 2011

Angel Burn Review





Book:  Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy #1)
Author:  L.A. Weatherly
Publisher:  Candlewick Press
Rating:  5 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  ARC e-book from publisher through NetGalley

Summary from Goodreads:
Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself does. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he's one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed romantic trilogy, L. A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.

My Review:
I received this as an ARC e-book from the publisher, Candlewick Press through NetGalley. This did not affect my review in any way.

First the cover is gorgeous! I cannot say enough great things about this book. It was one of those that I just couldn't put down and will read again and again. I loved it so much and I would give it a 10 star rating!

It's about this girl Willow who is a half angel but doesn't know it right away. She's a teenager who is physic, works on cars and helps take care of her mom. When Willow gives Beth, a popular girl in school a reading she sees that the angel Beth saw is hurting her and will make her more sick in the future. Willow tries talking Beth out of joining The Church of Angels. Alex, a gorgeous Angel Killer is sent to kill Willow. When he arrives he is taken back by how beautiful she is and that something is not right with her angel. He finds a picture inside her house that shows her as a child, but angels don't have childhoods. The same day Willow goes to The Church of Angels to try to talk Beth out of joining. The angels try to kill her but Alex saves her and they take off across the country.

This is where the real story begins and I don't want to give away any of the awesome details. There is car chases, romance, action, adventure and fun. I'm not going to say what happens but I loved Willow and Alex's time at the cabin. The ending is a cliffhanger but it was a well written one that left me hanging on the edge of my seat. This book was really entertaining, thrilling and is just a rollarcoaster ride of emotions. It was heart wrenching at times and romantic at other times. I fell in love with this book, the characters and the story. I felt like I was there with them the entire time. The author did a fantastic job in writing this and I'm really excited for the next two books in the trilogy. I want to read anything this author writes. She is an amazing writer! I am recommending that everyone read this, it's that amazing!

Find  L.A. Weatherly: 

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Purchase the book:

Barnes and Noble

Amazon

1 comment:

  1. This is the classic love story which young teens like to read. I loved this story for a few reasons. I love reading these stories which have things which are impossible happen. Love which is slow and dangerous. This book is everything which I love to read about.

    ReplyDelete