Thursday, April 7, 2011

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) Review


Book:  City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3)
Author:  Cassandra Clare
Publisher:  Margaret K. McElderry
Rating:  5 Stars
Level:  Young Adult
Source:  Purchased

Summary from Goodreads:

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.


My Review:

This was originally going to be the end of a trilogy but thankfully the author has three more books coming out in this series. So excited about that. City of Glass was such an amazing book. This series is one of my favorites of all time.

The other two books took place in New York but this one takes place in Idris. I loved the setting and getting to see where the Shadowhunters originally came from. I was once again drawn in from the beginning and could not put it down. It is a real page turner for sure. It had some new characters that I didn't really care for but can't like them all sometimes. It had so many twists and turns, murder, mystery, action, adventure and romance. The story flowed along perfectly. I loved how the characters relationships developed throughout the book. The way that some of them became couples and others I'm wondering about for future books. I was happy to finally learn the truth about Clary and Jace's families. I liked the way that things worked out for everyone. There were some special moments between Clary and Jace that were both romantic and heartbreaking at times. I'm still wondering what the Seelie Queen wanted as a favor. The ending was lovely but it kinda left me wondering what is going to happen next. Thankfully I get to find out with three more books coming out! Yes I already mentioned that but I'm so happy to get to fall back into such an amazing world with characters I love!

I'm looking forward to reading Jace's letter to Clary and seeing how their relationship plays out. In my opinion this is one of the best series out there, and I'm recommending to anyone who hasn't read it to read it now!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your fantastic review Jamie. I'm reading the latest in the Mortal Instruments series now (City of Fallen Angels). I absolutely love Cassandra Clare. She is an amazing writer. Her first book in the Infernal Devices series (Clockwork Angel) is great too!

    Smiles,
    Amy
    http://amyjonesyaff.blogspot.com
    http://soulquesttrilogy.com

    PS - How did you get your "Blogs I Follow" to scroll? That is really nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have The Infernal Devices, just haven't had a chance to read it yet. I am going to email you how I got my Blogs I Follow to scroll.

    ReplyDelete