Sunday, March 13, 2011

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2)


Book:  City Of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) 
Author:  Cassandra Clare
Publisher:  Margaret K. McElderry
Rating:  4 Stars
Summary from Goodreads:

As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

 My Review:

What can I say about this one.  Well it sure did not disappoint for being the second book.  The first one was so good but I think this one was even better.  This one kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  With it's non stop suspense and action I didn't want to put it down.  While Clary's mom Jocelyn is still under a spell Clary is fighting demons and Valentine non stop.  Her relationship with Simon has become something more and yet she still has feelings for Jace.  I mean who wouldn't, I would choose Jace over Simon any day.  Simon is great though and now that he is a Vampire it just makes his character stronger.  I like Alec and Magnus together, I was laughing when Clary put the "No Fear" Rune on Alec and he almost told his parents about him and Mangus.  My favorite part though was when they were in the Faery court and Clary had to do what the Queen said to be released.  Don't want to say if someone has not read it yet.  The battle on Valentine's ship was incredible and well thought out.  You never knew what was coming next.  I never know when Valentine is telling the truth and when he is lying. Something the Inquisitor said to Jace about his scar has me thinking.  I really hope that Jace and Clary find out that they are not brother and sister.  I really enjoyed reading this, the story just gets better with each book.  I can't wait to read the third one and I have the fourth one pre ordered already.  If you haven't started this series yet, you need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment