Monday, February 14, 2011

Immortal Review

Book:  Immortal
Author:  Lauren Burd
Publisher: Lauren Burd ?
Rating:  4 Stars

Summary from Goodreads:
 The wound inflicted only a few minutes before was nearly healed. A small cut was the only sign that anything had occurred. I watched in disbelief as it finished closing and eventually disappeared.
“What are you?”
* * *
Gods, demons, fiends, eighteen year old Alina Taylor doesn’t believe in any of them, until she meets Samuel Grant and Duncan Michaels, and discovers a world that could destroy everything she loves.


My Review:
I bought this e-book on Amazon I think for 99 cents which is a great deal. I thought it sounds good and even if I don't like it I only paid 99 cents. But I did really like it. It starts off kinda slow I thought with Alina going to college. The first half is Alina going to class and going out with her friends. Oh yeah and two gorgeous guys, Samuel and Duncan, trying to get her attention. The first part is fun to read but it really picks up in the second half. That is when I couldn't put it down. It is a complete change of scenery as in another country. I think this is where the story picks up and really gets good. I enjoyed the characters and the story. When I read the last page I was like no please this cannot be the end. But thankfully the author had the first chapter of the sequel (Forever)there to read, which I did. Now I can't wait to read the next one. It's going to be even better then this one I think. I don't want to give anything away but I suggest you buy this book.

1 comment:

  1. I keep reading great things about this novel. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete